Monday, August 15, 2011

Anyone Get the Number of That Truck?

Wow. I haven't had a mindless food oblivion weekend like that in quite a while. It's kind of disheartening to realize that I really can fall back into old bad habits so easily. I didn't think about portions or nutrition at all, ate late at night, ate high calorie/high fat/high sodium food (just checked and yep, there's no way my ring is coming off this morning).

Alright, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a new day. What am I going to do TODAY? The first thing I need to do is go out for a walk. I let the bugs keep me in the house yesterday, and I still got a mosquito bite on my stomach. Looking out the window this morning, I saw another one, buzzing around, so I know they're still out there, waiting. Remember the mosquitoes in Jumanji? Yeah, that's what I'm imagining.

If I don't go for a walk this morning, what can I do instead? I can do the Wii, which is so much less appealing. Well, it's more appealing than getting a gazillion bug bites, so maybe it isn't so bad after all. Maybe we'll walk up to the library this afternoon.

Other things I will do: plan my meals and STICK TO THEM. I will have my tasty lunch. I will make my quiche for dinner. I will drink at least eight glasses of water and get at least five servings of fruits and vegetables. And I will (sigh) stop beating myself up for reacting badly to a miserable day. It's over, but only if I break out of this miserable attitude.

Song I'm hoping to hear today: Cher's "Believe."

8:30 AM Edit: I was all set to make my breakfast and get whatever exercise I could later in the day, when I noticed out the kitchen window that there appeared to be a nice breeze going. "A breeze? Bugs don't do well in wind. Wait a minute. BUGS? I'm going to let BUGS STOP ME?" I was so annoyed by the very thought, that I put my shoes on and went out the door. I only did the short/mile & a half walk, but I did keep up a good pace, even jogging for some of it, and came back in 26 minutes. So there! Bugs, bah.

And yes, I did hear Cher. :)

No comments: