Jambalaya with Shrimp and Ham
NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. Wow, this was so good. I changed the recipe only a little, in that we all despise green peppers, so I used a yellow one instead. I also used a little less (red) onion than called for, because I already had some cut up.
This recipe has a few big factors in its favor besides being delicious: it's super easy and you get a ton of food for the calories (2 cups for 440 cal). One of the drawbacks is the shrimp. Let's face it--shell on shrimp, though cheaper than peeled, is a pain. Peeling a pound of it (glad I didn't have to devein it as well!) took the longest part of the whole thing.
How did the rest of the family like it? They enjoyed it, but not to the extent that I did. Sarah said, "isn't Jambalaya supposed to start with sausage?" She really doesn't care for ham, but it wasn't a huge part of the dish anyway. I told her that next time, I'd make some sausage to add to everyone's portion (not mine--I really don't think it needs sausage). No one else had more than half a serving, which means that there is 1½ servings left. That's one lunch and one work-night dinner for me!
I will definitely make this again, but it won't go into heavy rotation because of family apathy.
No comments:
Post a Comment