. . . to eat boring food.
Going back to the doc Friday went about as expected--I had lost a little weight, but my blood pressure was still up a little too high. So the gauntlet was thrown down. She said that she wanted me back in another month, and if I hadn't lost some weight, etc. it was meds for me. She gave me a subscription for a water pill in the meantime, which I can tolerate because I know it's short term. Anyone who knows me knows that I avoid pills when I can. So consider me motivated.
Part of being motivated is trying to remember what I used to make myself for lunches. I can figure out dinners for the whole family, but lunches give me different options. The only two things I could remember were Cold Sesame Noodles and Spanish Rice (which includes lots of veggies). It was kind of frustrating. I remember that I used to eat really tasty lunches when I did Weight Watchers last time.
So I spent some time this afternoon looking through some recipes I've saved and the archives at Cheap Healthy Good. I've also started thumbing through my copy of The Best Light Recipe. And I have to say, I'm really getting excited about food again! The thing is, I like a much greater variety of foods than the rest of my family. Dinners are fairly standard, but since lunches are just for me, I can make whatever I want.
The possibilities are endless! Black beans, garbanzos, quinoa, tuna in tomatoes--the sky's the limit!
I tried two new recipes tonight, both based on Barefoot Contessa recipes. Roasted Broccoli and Roasted Butternut Squash. They both did use some oil, but not a lot. They were reasonably popular, and will certainly be made again.
I still long for carbs & fat in great measure. Birthday season has begun, and that brings a lot of decadent stuff with it. But I'm looking forward to eating stuff that is tasty and healthier. Vive le Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment