Friday, February 04, 2011

Healthy Week of Cooking

Semi-inspired by the Crazy Week of Sewing from a few years ago.

This week, I'm going to keep track of everything I eat. For accountability's sake, I will post here daily. Everything. What this means is that since I'll have to "fess up," I'll be a lot more likely to stay away from junk food of all kinds.

What brought this on? My blood pressure this morning. It was 176/100. That is just crazy high, especially considering that I've never had blood pressure issues before. The doc gave me a week to see if it was just an aberration. So it's no caffeine and no extra salt for me this week. Oatmeal for breakfast. Lean lunches & dinners, including soups. Tomorrow, we're finally going to pick up the Wii Fit we've been talking about for a month.

Tonight, I had half an avocado and a French Dip Sandwich. Probably a little too much salt, now that I think of it. And definitely not enough vegetables, but I still feel a little crappy, and the price of fruits & veg at Meijer was appalling. I'll hit Randazzo's tomorrow and we'll be in good shape.

No comments: