I put the leftover chicken stock in the freezer today, thinking we weren't eating it fast enough. The high tomorrow might hit 61. Guess what's for dinner?
I managed to put my hair in a pony tail on my own today--this is a bigger deal than it seems.
I need to find a copy of The Shining in German. I have an ESL student who checked it out of the library and I need to be able to translate some stuff that is over my head. The first line, for example . . . I hope she finishes it before our class time is up. At this point, she's only a few pages in and thinks that going to the Overlook is going to be great for the Torrance family. It was all I could do not to say, "Have you ever even heard of Stephen King? His whole schtick is things NOT ending well!" I wonder if reading it in German will make it less scary for me?
The girls started Book Club at the library last night. The book they got to take home was a graphic novel of Coraline, and all they were talking about (with a friend who rode with us) was how scary it was and everyone they knew got nightmares from it. I made a point last night of singing Lauren two songs before bed and giving her an extra long back rub, and she seemed to be ok. :)
2 comments:
June has been reading it and surprisingly no issues. Hm.
I'm glad, just surprised.
Back rubs and songs are always good :)
No, it ended up being no problem here, either. They both seem to like it a lot!
Post a Comment