We crossed over the Mississippi River, which wasn't all that impressive that far north, but it was notable. We also saw a lot of wind farms in Minnesota, which Jeff & I both found interesting, and wondered why there weren't more of them throughout the country. Later on the trip, I realized that there are some negative attitudes toward wind farms, but I'm still not sure why. I'm going to do some research to see what I can find out.
Our first stop in Rochester MN included our first hiccup. Lauren wanted to wear her sweater slippers in the car, which was no problem, but obviously she couldn't wear them beyond that. Guess what? She didn't bring any other shoes. I'm pretty sure I told her to pack sneakers, but did I check? Nope. So we went to Old Navy and got her a pair of cheapo canvas sneakers (she still owes us the $12 for them) and they've held up pretty well. Next time I'll give her a packing list so she can just check stuff off.
| Happy burger eatin' girl! |
1 comment:
I had to laugh at your shoe issue! Every year for about 3 years when we went up north, Josh fell in a river and we ended up having to buy him new shoes :) And there was really nowhere to buy them. It became a running joke.
Post a Comment