1. Extended Stay America: Rochester, Minnesota $87
- very nice room with small but complete kitchen and full sized refrigerator (many of the other rooms had mini-fridges)
- no pool
- grab & go breakfast
- tiny room (Jeff thought he had booked us two queen sized beds, but realized when we got there that it was just one, so the kids slept on the floor)
- nice pool & hot tub
- good breakfast
- kind of a ways out of town--not good for walking to dinner
- really nice Western -y decor, especially in the breakfast area
- small but nice pool
- good breakfast
- laundry facilities
- nice room
- no breakfast (went to Pond's for breakfast as well as dinner the night before)
- nice pool, but in a separate building
- this is the one we all agree was the best
- very nice room
- great pool
- very good breakfast (first time we had the "make your own waffle" option)
- nice, easy to use computer center
- great location, easy walking to downtown
- rustic room, but nice
- tiny bathroom
- difficulty with WiFi, but it did work eventually
- door had a broken lock plate, so we could only deadbolt it from the inside, while leaning on it
- next door to a bar & grill that was hosting a lively wedding reception our second night--and by lively, I mean "loud guests talking all night long right outside our cabin that made me want to go out and yell at them to shut the hell up."
- pool
- nice breakfast
- nice room
- laundry facilities
- nice basic room
- no pool
- no breakfast
- well out of town, but we walked across the parking lot to a really good Mexican restaurant
- beautiful lobby--kids especially very impressed
- great room
- great pool
- great downtown location--this was our deciding factor here, so that we could walk to the baseball game, and that alone made it worthwhile
- had to pay for parking
- no breakfast--if we wanted to eat at the restaurant downstairs, it was $18 for the breakfast buffet
- no free WiFi in the room. I didn't mention it in any of the other hotels, because they ALL had it and it never occurred to me that anyplace wouldn't have it! I could use the WiFi for free down in the lobby (but it was a pain to haul my computer down there) or I could have paid an extra $10/day to get it in the room. In the grand scheme of things, $10 isn't that much, but I wasn't about to pay it.
| Kids: "Oooh, Aaah!" |
- pool being renovated
- nice breakfast
- nice basic room
When we were looking for hotels on this trip, cost was the first factor. A pool was the second. Going forward, I will also make sure that free WiFi is available in the rooms, because that irritated me a LOT. I realized that I also like the breakfasts a lot, even if it's just a bagel & some yogurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment