Monday, February 13, 2012

Digging Down

I didn't weigh in all last week. I figured, "I'm doing this for health, and I know how to be healthy, so I'm going to do the right thing. The number on the scale isn't the point. And I'm trying to slow down my rate anyway." I got on the scale Saturday, expecting at least a pound or two down, because I really did stay on track last week. When I saw that I was down not even half a pound, I was disappointed.

Yes, I know. The number on the scale isn't the point. Uh huh. Still disappointed. I ended up eating way too much that day, all day long. I actually felt physically ill. Who does that to themselves?  I don't get it.

So Sunday I was back up at 221. Not surprising. But still frustrating. This is about the same point I've gotten to before, and then lost my drive. I don't want to do that anymore. I don't like being that person who eats mindlessly.

So this morning, I'm digging down and seeing what I can do. I'm rededicating myself. I realized that all this talk about a gym and a treadmill and walking outside and how I can't do it is really dumb, because I have this thing called a Wii. That's right, the thing I used all last spring before I could start walking. The thing that may not be the best, but is a whole lot better than the alternative, which is nothing.

Plan for this week:  stay on track with the eating, of course, but also do half an hour of Free Step on the Wii every day. I've already done it today, and although it wasn't a big hard workout, it was a reminder of being mindful. Mindfulness and dedication are what I've been lacking recently, so that's where I'm going to focus.

No comments: