Did I go out shopping today? Hell, no!
When I was in college, my stepmom & I would go out for Black Friday, and we had a great time. We'd get up at 4 AM in order to get to the nearest mall by the time it opened at 6. Said mall was 60 miles away, via a 2-lane road (that's one lane in each direction), usually with a fair bit of snow. We'd go in and shop until lunch, then get McDonald's (a big treat, since that was also the closest McD's as well).
Now, though, it just isn't worth it. It's too cold, the lines are too long, it's too dull to go by myself, and I get too many good deals from shopping online. I'm still tempted sometimes ($1/yard flannel at JoAnn's!), but I haven't even bothered to go near a store the past few years.
1 comment:
Oh how times have changed! Hailey has a McDonalds, Subway, Domino's...! The big time!
Can you believe they want to move the airport between Hailey and Shoshone? You mentioned the snow, and there's also heavy fog on that road throughout the winter...
Post a Comment