Florida was really nice. The best part was getting to just hang out and relax. The kids were disappointed that I never did go swimming with them, but when the air temp is 75 and there was a torrential downpour the day before, I know that the water is not going to be where I like it. I'll do lots of swimming this summer.
I did go out walking three mornings. The first day was too hot by the time we got there, and the last day, I had some blisters that hurt too much to walk on. Yesterday, though, I put on my old shoes and had no problems. I do need to get real walking shoes, though. My wintry boots are fine for now, when it's still (STILL!) cold and wet out, but by the time I can wear shorts to walk, I'll need something else.
The other item on my agenda is grocery shopping. I discovered Chobani Greek yogurt in Florida, and can't believe how amazing it is. I know I won't be able to get it just anywhere, but it's worth hunting down. Vegetables are what are really lacking in the kitchen right now, though. I don't know that I'll bother making up any big new recipes, since the kids won't be back for a while, but I definitely want to have all my healthy choices around.
In fact, I'm trying to take this kid-free time to really be focused on being healthy, making sure I eat right and get lots of exercise. Cleaning up the accumulated junk from the bedroom & basement would be a nice bonus.
2 comments:
Aw, Kimmer! I wish I knew you were goin' south. Glad you got some rest and relaxation. Kid-free, huh? Does that mean you left the kids in Florida? :-)
Yep, my mom and step dad are bringing the kids home on Memorial Day weekend. I haven't been nearly as productive regarding throwing garbage out of the basement as I'd liked, but it's still been pretty good so far.
Post a Comment