Thursday, March 29, 2007

To Garage Sale or Not?

That is the question.

I didn't make a whole lot of $ on last year's sale, but in the end, I was up a couple hundred bucks, and down a whole bunch of crap in my house. That's a pretty good deal.

But now I don't have as much left to sell. No more furniture, for example. I do have a lot of toys, but many of them are things that Lauren still plays with occasionally (a Cozy Coupe car, tons o' Fisher-Price Little People). I could probably make a real killing if I waited until next year. But I'd like to get rid of the treadmill ASAP (I'd rather just go for walks, and I have other things I'd like to put in that space in the bedroom).

Another drawback to a garage sale is our neighbor. He apparently has Alzheimer's, and is constantly over, asking the same questions, telling the same "jokes." I feel sorry for him, but he actually walked into my house unannounced last year. He thought he was helping (by bringing some stuff in), but it doesn't change that it was over the line.

Hmm . . . maybe Craigslist.com is a better solution for the treadmill . . .

3 comments:

Fishie said...

OOH, there's a reason I'm afraid of garage sales. I'd be so stressed. Plus all I have now is crap anyway.

But thinking about it makes me want to go throw something away, now that you mention clutter.

BTW, how bad can it be, if you already de-cluttered and sold off stuff? Where's it coming from? ;)

Kimmer said...

I didn't get rid of ALL the junk! I can't even imagine that being possible.

Robin said...

How much for the tread mill? I may be interested. LOL