Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Lottery Game

You've all played this, right? The "What would I do if I won a million dollars" fantasy? No, I don't play the lottery, but that has no effect on playing the game. Jeff & I especially like the game when we're on long car rides. What charity would we give to, where would our second house be, etc.

Sometimes I play an abbreviated version--what would I do if I won $5K, for example. This generally involved the more prosaic things, like getting the car & shower fixed, having a professional do some landscaping, putting a swing set in the backyard, etc.

I've also been thinking about how much $ it would take to start a small business (more about that in another post). I was thinking that a spare $5K would be plenty to get me rolling. Then I realized that even if I had a spare $5K, it would go to the home things before anything else.

So apparently, I need to win $10K in the lottery that I never play instead of $5K.

No comments: