Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fangirl Happiness

A few days ago, I heard that George RR Martin's fantasy series, A Song of Fire and Ice, is being developed as a series for HBO. I really like those books so far, and think HBO will do the best job of it. They plan to for each book to be one season, which is awesome. It gives them plenty of time to develop the story lines, and room in the budget for kick-ass production values. I was worried that Sci-Fi would get its mitts on it, and butcher it like they did A Wizard of Earthsea. So I'm optimistic. It's enough to make me think about getting HBO, because waiting for DVDs would probably kill me.

Then today I heard that The Talisman is going to be a miniseries on TNT or TBS in the summer of 2008, and might become a full-fledged series after that. That's one of my favorite Stephen King books, although the follow up, Black House, didn't do much for me.

Let the fantasy casting begin!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yay. I love fantasy casting. I haven't read those books so I will look into them.

Kimmer said...

Robin, if you like fantasy, you'll probably like these.

By the way, I can't post at your blog, but I wanted to tell you your new dog is really cute!

Robin said...

I wonder why you can't post. TY :)