Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not Food Poisoning

After throwing up 7 times Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I had a good guess that I had either the flu or food poisoning, and I tried to think of all the things I'd recently eaten. I asked the waiter for my patty melt to be well done, and I think it was, but I really didn't pay attention. I had a little bit of bread dough, and that has raw eggs, but that was only an hour ago. Rice? Not likely. Half a pasty? Nah, I know those were cooked, and Jeff eats them all the time, and he's fine.

Wednesday morning, I canceled my classes (which are now totally messed up), and made an appointment at the doctor's. Luckily, Jeff had the day off anyway, so he could drive me. Doc said that it's viral, nasty, and been making the rounds lately, so go home, get a lot of rest, and stay hydrated. That last part is the hardest for me, because I worried that drinking anything would make me throw up again, and I do prefer to avoid that. But I did manage to get a little water and a little ginger ale, and spent most of the day in bed.

Today, I'm better. Not really well, but better. I still can't watch cooking shows, or think about dinner, but I am planning on teaching my class tonight, although I'm hoping I'll be able to sit more than running around. That's not likely, but it's only a two hour class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

caca! Feel better soon.

Snapper

Robin said...

Sending healing vibes your way :)

Anonymous said...

Norovirus??!! It's been going around everywhere...

Glad you're starting to feel better!

Pat