Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Price of Happiness

Cost to make me happy yesterday: $1.67
What I got: this week's groceries (milk, eggs, cornflakes, bananas, bread, and frozen pizza are all I can remember right now, but I know there were one or two other things). We didn't need much, because I stocked up so much last week, and we took back about $5 in bottles & cans.

Cost to make Sarah happy today: $8.46
What she got: a yard of polar fleece and a yard of rip-stop fabric, both in purple, natch. I'm going to make her some snow pants based on a pajama pants pattern piece. I'll use thread and elastic I already have. They should be done tonight or tomorrow, not that she'll get to wear them while the weather is like this. (Current temp: 3 degrees.)

Cost to make Lauren happy today: $0.63.
What she got: helium for the balloon they passed out at the movie Saturday. We got free passes to see Cinderella III last weekend, and they were passing out balloons, but the helium tank broke. Ever since, she's been dying to have her balloon, and we finally had a chance to get it filled today. She's been squealing ever since.

(Note: I have decided that if Lauren is determined to be a "blue princess" again next year for Halloween [as she has for the past three years], I will cave and make her a true Cinderella dress. If anything will break the spell, I hope that will do it!)

No comments: