Monday, October 23, 2006

Crazy Week of Sewing, Day 1: Sunday

No, that isn't a misprint. Although Halloween isn't until next Tuesday, Halloween parties start next Saturday.

Accomplished:
  • cut out pattern pieces for Lauren's dress (typically, I cut out the size 5 for length, and size 3 width, and I still think it might be too big around)
  • ironed the pattern pieces
  • ironed out the big crease in the center of her fabric
  • cut out the fabric
  • waded through the mountain of mess in the basement to find interfacing (once again promised self that the basement will get cleaned and organized. um, soon.)
  • cut out and ironed the interfacing onto the fabric
I would have gotten a lot more done, but I got distracted by AMC's "pop up" broadcast of Halloween. Honestly, I will watch just about anything that has extra trivia attached to it. The movie itself? Eh, it's ok. The fact that it was filmed in just 20 days, and made use of new SteadiCam technology? So fascinating that I can't look away from the screen long enough to read how to make puffy sleeves and a split neck, for fear that I might miss even one tidbit.

No comments: