I'm starting to think that coming up with creative, unique, home made gifts is stupid. Just go to the mall and get the same old thing.
Exhibit A: gift baskets with pottery made by my SIL. Chili & cornbread with bowls, pancake mix & syrup with small pitchers, cocoa mix with mugs. I was going to pick up the pottery Monday, but when I called to check, SIL told me that her kiln had broken, and she'd just gotten the element replaced two days earlier. Also, everything she'd stored on their porch had frozen instead of drying. "Ok, so worst comes to worst, I'll get them from you on Friday at Dad's house; I'm not giving out those gifts until Saturday." The problem is that the pitchers & mugs might not be done even then, because the handles need a long time to dry or they'll break off. So today I got a couple creamers from Target. They're cute, but not the direction I was looking for. I have the reciept (somewhere) so I can return them if she does get the pitchers done.
Exhibit B: we were going to get a fishing rod for Jeff's dad. Trying to get information from him (about what kind he would need) under the pretense of getting a fishing rod for MY dad was useless. Geez, read between the lines! Figure it out! So I went to Penny's and got him a pair of Dockers and a polo shirt.
Exhibit C: Jeff's mom wanted pajamas. Instead of buying, I decided to make some and bought some cute flannel for the pants and knit for the top. Tonight, I finished the pants and as I was getting ready to cut out the top, I realized it's not knit. It's rib knit, which I don't think I can use for this. I might be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to have to go out tomorrow in the snow and either buy more fabric or just buy some freaking pajamas.
Exhibit D: I just got back from the grocery store. One of the things I really needed was more pecans so I could make more tarts and more of the Poor Man's Turtles for everyone's goodie bags. No pecans in the whole damn store.
Next year, I'm giving gift cards to everyone.
2 comments:
Ha! Yes hear the voices, saying gift cards, gift cards from now on. Sorry about your troubles.
Kim, stop letting it stress you! You don't have to have perfect little gifts for everyone! I am sorry your gifts don't seem to be working out. :/
Post a Comment