When last we left our intrepid novice seamstress, she had a bodice that was too big for the accompanying midriff band.
OK, enough third person--too much work for today.
I Skyped my mom, who said, that NO, I shouldn't make the midriff band bigger, because it did actually fit. I just needed to adjust those pleats some more. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. I could use trial and error, but that's a recipe for wasted time & frustration. I was also concerned that the V of the neckline would be too deep--I want to be able to wear this to church, after all. My two solutions--a tank worn underneath or a stitch at the neck--were both vetoed in favor of actually doing it correctly. Well, if you put it that way . . .
As I was pondering the limitations of Skype and thinking yet again that I wished we could actually be physically together, we both had the serendipitous realization that we SHOULD physically get together. My birthday is coming up, and I thought that my flight down could be my birthday present, and my flight back home could be my Christmas present. And it looks like that will hopefully work out, thanks to my Dad. There are many details to work out still, including my crazy schedule, but I think I'll be able to have a girls' weekend down south sometime next month. In addition to sewing, we're thinking about pedicures and sushi. So there probably won't be too many sewing posts for a while, but once I'm back, I should have lots to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment