Friday, November 18, 2011

Ciabatta Rolls

Holy cow, these things are AMAZING. I made them Sunday night/Monday morning. Yes, they take a little time. Yes, they're a little work. But did I mention the AMAZINGNESS?

When I first took them out of the oven, they had a very crisp crust. Like, break it open hard. But really good.

After they sat for a while, the crust went from hard to fabulously chewy. That's the kind of texture I love, but that I find really hard to get, especially out of my own oven.

The flour is kind of messy when you eat them, which is just another reason to break them into bite-sized pieces with your hands instead of tearing into them with your mouth.

Unfortunately, I ate three that first day. Since then, I've been more restrained, but it's been seriously hard to resist them.


For Thanksgiving, we're bringing rolls and dessert. I'm going to make these and another recipe that has a slightly sweeter, more tender yield. I'll try to post more step-by-step pictures. For dessert, pumpkin pie is a no-brainer. I was going to bring something healthier as well--maybe even the Cook's Illustrated Cheesecake that is supposed to be so fabulous.  But then I thought about pecan pie.  Then I thought about Dutch Apple Pie. Then I thought about Black Bottom Pie. At this point, I have no idea what we'll end up bringing.

No comments: