I'd like to know how Planet Fitness says "No Commitment" on their billboards, but you still have to sign up and pay an annual fee. Do I need a new dictionary, or do they?
Anyway, I remembered another option: our local rec center has a small workout room. Signing up for that is $75/year, which is incredibly cheap. They have weights and treadmills, though I haven't been in to look at it in a couple years, so I don't know the specifics.
I would be all over this, but there is one downside: they don't open until 9AM. Yes, that is a substantial drawback for me. I really like getting my exercise in early, before the rest of the day starts. I don't want to take one or two hours out of our school day every day. Yes, the kids could come with me and work in the library. Yes, they could stay home and work. But that's still time that I'm essentially unavailable to them. I feel like I'm gone a lot already because of work, and they're getting the short end of the stick.
So . . . Planet Fitness = more $, more distance, but less disruptive to our lives. Community Center = close, cheap, but not good for the schedule. I'm going to put it to the family over dinner tonight. I seriously can't remember the last time we all sat at the dinner table at the same time. I better make something delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment