- 2 pounds of beef sirloin tip steak
- almost 6 pounds of country ribs
- some colored peppers & broccoli
- lasagna noodles, spaghetti noodles, pasta sauce, tomato paste, canned tomatoes
- dried beans
- a can of chickpeas
- a pound of cooked ground beef
- a bag and a half of rice (some of it is going to a rice hand warmer I'm making for someone at church)
- 2 boxes of mac & cheese
- can of tomato soup
Planned meals for the next couple weeks are:
- Fajitas - this will be Monday, since the meat is no where near thawed yet, but the peppers need to be used up quickly.
- Chili - using the ground beef, spicy canned tomatoes, dried beans, cheese, rice. Leftovers will get incorporated into cornbread muffins. Salad on the side.
- Country ribs - these need to be thawed, marinated, and grilled. We'll have them one night as is, with baked sweet potatoes, and use the rest for fried rice, pulled pork, stir fry, lo mein, and anything else I can think of.
- Spaghetti - I'll finely chop some carrots, onions, & celery, then brown it in a big pan. Add tomato paste, let that brown, then a can or two of diced tomatoes. I'll cook up the Italian sausage and add that. Then I'll take the jarred pasta sauce I have and add that, so I should have tons. Salad & garlic bread on the side, and there will be enough sauce for . . .
- Lasagna roll ups - cottage cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, an egg, and some Italian seasoning. Cook the noodles über al dente, and roll up the filling. Traditional lasagna is a little hard on portioning, so I'm hoping this will make it easier. Again, salad & garlic bread.
- Breakfast for dinner - always a hit! Scrambled eggs, biscuits, and ham leftover from Easter dinner.
After beautiful weather this week, we're supposed to get back to a more standard spring--colder and rainy, so I'm looking forward to still being able to make some cool-weather foods before summer hits. Any ideas for what to do with the chickpeas and the rest of the sirloin?
No comments:
Post a Comment