Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Deal

That's my motto right now. That, or "Suck it up and deal." Whaddya think?

Sarah & I were supposed to go on a sleepover with her Girl Scout Troop this weekend. It wasn't an official Scout thing, just a fun get together for us. We were both really looking forward to it. I missed her meeting this week because I was working (Jeff picked her up), so last night I called to get the final scoop on how much it was going to cost and what to bring from the mom who was doing the bulk of the planning. She said, "they didn't call you?" Well, you know good news isn't going to follow that.

Apparently, they canceled it because no one can afford it. She said that the troop leaders were basically talking everyone out of it. She offered to call me, but they said they'd take care of telling everyone. Yeah, except not. I went in to tell Sarah, who was already in bed, and she was really upset.

So I was pissed last night. Not only do they wait until the last minute to cancel, I was completely out of the loop. I feel like this happens because we homeschool, and since Sarah isn't in class with the other girls, I miss out. I'm pretty much over it now; this morning, while I was talking about it with a friend, Sarah overheard me and said, "What's done is done."

I also realized that I need to stop complaining, even to myself, about my job. I'm teaching Windows Vista to senior citizens. It's at three different facilities, and I have to schlep five laptop computers around. Also, I'll be bringing them in the house at night so they don't stay in the trunk overnight. It's a hassle, but you know what? They're paying me really well for these classes. For what I'm getting, I can deal with a fairly small amount of hassle.

I need to remember that I have a lot of good things in my life, and focus more on all those positive things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah like me :-p

Fishie said...

I'm just all impressed that you not only have Vista figured out, but on a level where you can teach it. I am not worthy!

And thanks for the reminder - Sage Sarah has it right. I need to remember that too.