I'm having a crabby week.
Monday was a true Monday. The girls had to have cavities filled, Sarah required nitrous, the bill was about double what I expected, because I forgot about the sealants for Lauren.
On the way to the dentist, the "low coolant" light came on. After skating (which was immediately after the dentist), I took it to the shop. An hour and a half later, the verdict came back: a leak in the intake, which will require $500 to fix. You know, I've loved this car. It was a gift that meant more to me than I can ever say. But I am ready to be done with it and get rid of it. I feel like I'm throwing money down a hole. That said, we'll spend the $$$ again to get it fixed. Again.
Monday afternoon, the kids said that there was water in the basement. We had a lot of rain a couple weeks ago, but anything from the storm drains should have come up then. Ha--it wasn't from the drain, but from the wall. Super. We mopped it up; the silver lining there is that we cleaned up a huge pile of crap from that side of the wall, throwing most of it away. Yay, a large pile of crap gone! There was a little more water yesterday, which I again mopped up, and Sarah says that there is a little more today.
So putting the computer in the basement = maybe not the best idea. However, I'm more committed than ever to cleaning it out, getting rid of ALL the crap, and getting the rest in plastic storage tubs and on shelves. There's still an enormous amount of work to be done, and although Purple Heart just came yesterday, I'm planning on having a lot more for them soon.
Yesterday was somewhat better--we went on a field trip and saw a bald eagle, which was cool. Today is Lauren's first Daisy Girl Scout meeting of the semester, and she's super excited. I'm less excited, because for some reason, I'm going to be a co-leader, so I have to stick around instead of dropping her off.
"Luckily," the Youth German class didn't get enough kids, so it's not running. Too bad about the lack of $, but good on the time that I don't have to spend on it.
There is absolutely nothing on our plate tomorrow, so maybe I can finally get sewing, or at least buy the fabric. Friday, Jeff has the day off work, so we're hoping to go on a date. Hopefully, I'll have a more cheerful post by the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment