Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Countdown's On!

Only five more days! Woo hoo!

On Sunday, we're having the new shower surround installed. Although it should look better and be easier to keep clean, the surround itself is not the cause for the celebration. In addition to installing the surround, they are also going to fix the pipes. The pipes that leak so badly that the bathtub faucet was a constant dripping stream. It was so bad that we generally leave the hot water to the bathroom turned off. When we want to take a shower or bath, someone has to go down to the basement and pull a lever to turn the water on. When finished, the lever has to be put back, so that we don't end up paying a ginormous water bill from the waste.

It is really pathetic, how excited I am that as of next week, all I'll have to do to take a shower is step in and turn a handle, without the pilgrimage to the basement. I'll post pictures!

No comments: