Friday, January 27, 2006

Eye Roll - Just Have to Share

When the phone rang a few minutes ago, I answered even though no name came up on the caller ID. Usually I don't do that (never at night), but my work number comes up that way, so I answered.

It was some young kid, asking for my first name. "This is," thinking maybe is was one of the kids from Brownies or dance class, though why they would call, I've no idea. Then the kid said, making his voice "deeper," "This is the sex line. Do you want to come?" Now, that's so stupid, that I thought I must have been hearing wrong, so I said, "What?" The dumb kid actually repeated himself, so I asked for his mom. He mumbled something, but didn't hang up. So I said that maybe I should call back so I could talk to his mom, or "would it be better to talk to your dad?" Then he hung up.

Dang it, I wish just once I would have the presence of mind to talk like a phone sex operator, and really scare him off!!!

2 comments:

Fishie said...

Oh, that's hilarious! People still DO that? I wonder if that kid called on his cell phone. You should call back at 3 a.m. and get him in trouble.

DMouse007 said...

That is too funny! You HAVE to call back!