Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Is that another gray hair I see?

I think I'm going to write a book called The Continuing Adventures of DangerGirl.

In our backyard, we have a child-sized table. Plastic top, metal legs, about 15 inches tall. Coincidentally, our concrete patio is also about 15 inches off the ground. Funny how no one ever noticed that before.

Today, Lauren noticed. While the girls were out playing, I heard a crash and a scream, and went running to the back door. Lauren came running to me, crying. She had set up the table right next to the patio so she could walk onto it. Isn't my girl just the cleverest little thing?

I'm sure falling hurt, but I didn't see any blood, and she seemed more scared than hurt (and upset that the table broke), so I cuddled her for a while, then made lunch. It was during lunch that I saw a huge scrape/road rash on her inner upper arm. I don't know what exactly she scraped it on, but it's relatively ugly. I washed it off, and she got some Kid's Tylenol & went to bed.

I'm hoping that she's learned from this. Yeah, I know - not likely.

No comments: