Cold met my toes as I got into the car. “My first day on the monorail.” I thought. ” Wow.” As we drove toward Detroit, we saw the long blue Ambassador Bridge. “Someday we’ll be on that bridge.” I thought.
When we got to American Coney Island, I was already warming up. But when dad opened the door, a blast of cold wind met my face. I didn’t want to leave the warm car. But reluctantly, I got out of the warm car to stand on the cold sidewalk and waited for Dad to pay for parking. Cold wind kept blowing into my face as we crossed the street.
Finally Dad opened the door to the restaurant and one last blast of wind met my cold face and we stepped into, for the first time, the world famous American Coney Island! As we sat down, (way in the back of the restaurant) and as dad told the waiter what we wanted, (hot dogs with fries and coke) I gazed out the window at the cold street outside. I saw cars passing the place then stopping at the light ahead. I sighed and then got up from my seat.
“Where are you going?” said Sarah. “The bathroom,” I said. I needed to go to the bathroom AND I wanted to see what the place’s bathroom looked like. I didn’t like Lafayette’s bathroom at all. It looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years! Gross!!!!! But when I opened the door, it was completely different than Lafayette’s bathroom! The walls were clean and it didn’t look like someone throw up in there! I went to the bathroom for 2 minutes then I went back to the table and shared my info with Dad and Sarah.
“Wow. “Said Sarah. After lunch we walked through the Lafayette Garden (yes, Lafayette!) A light breeze fluffed my hair as we walked from the garden to the monorail station.
We put our coins in (click!) and then walked onto the platform waiting in the biting cold for the monorail. Even though I was wearing a big coat, I was sill shivering in the cold air. “Is that it?”I said. There it was, coming down the track toward us, the monorail!
As I climbed on it, I felt excited. My first time on the monorail! I sat down on a seat and stared out the window and after a minute we began to move. And as we moved across the track, we made stops once every minute.
On the third stop, a family stepped on board. One of the kids looked like Merida from Brave. She looked at me and I looked at her. “Hi.”I said. She was a bit shy through almost all the ride, until we saw Canada across the Detroit River. “Wow!”She said. Mom was not there so I took pictures for her.
When we got to our stop, I said bye, and stepped off the monorail. I felt cold on my toes as we walked toward Comerica Park. The Tigers will play at the park that night. We searched for our family paver stone hard. We looked and looked. Until….” Dad, here!”I said. There it was, reading, GO TIGERS JACOBS FAMILY.
Then we walked to the pro shop and entered. The place was PACKED with people, I tell you! As I saw a Tiger hamburger plush doll, I saw the people from the monorail standing a few feet away!
We left the shop and rode the monorail back to the car. As I got in warmth filled me up very fast. At that moment I started a new goal. When Mom gets home I will tell her all about my trip to Downtown Detroit.
(note: this is a Personal Narrative Lauren wrote for her English class about their adventure while I was in Florida)
1 comment:
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]online casino[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino[/url] free no deposit hand-out at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]redeem casino
[/url].
Post a Comment