Tuesday, July 05, 2011

It's Only Money, Right?

Yesterday, the drain in the basement from the kitchen sink kept backing up, and Jeff couldn't snake it out for anything. I cringingly made an appointment with a plumber, knowing that we probably wouldn't get over to the pool today.

When they arrived, I was hopeful that it wouldn't be too bad because at least it wasn't the main stack they had to deal with. Did I mention that friends of ours recently had their basement floor ripped out because of broken pipes?

Yeah, about that . . . we have almost exactly the same issue. The only saving grace here is that we don't have drywall or carpet down there, and there wasn't any crap piled up in that area, so we didn't really lose any stuff.

It will cost over $3K to repair, but at least the kitchen sink is properly draining again, and I can finally run the dishwasher! Hopefully the insurance company won't give us any hassles.

And to really try to squeeze some lemonade out of these lemons, it will force us to move faster on donating stuff and throwing more stuff away. Purple Heart comes Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! But yay for the diswasher, lol.
Snapper