Monday, June 07, 2010

Next on the Book Horizon

(ok, so I'm double posting, here/FB. sue me.)

We finished Wolves of Willoughby Chase, and the girls did like it. The weren't put off by the melodrama at all, which shouldn't come as any surprise.

Sarah is off with her Girl Scout troop for the next few days (and I totally forgot to have her stash a couple books in her bag--d'oh!). Here at home, we are going to read The Tale of Despereaux, which Sarah has read already but Lauren & I have not.

I haven't started Redwall yet; in fact, I don't even know where it is right now. I did jam through The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle the other day, which is my next suggestion for Sarah. That's also pretty dramatic, but I liked it quite a bit better.

Lauren's current reading is The Littles, which shares a basic premise with The Borrowers, but is shorter and seems easier/younger ((though Amazon considers them both for ages 9 - 12). She says she likes it, but I still had to nudge her out of a MTH book.

Right now, there are so many novels floating around that I don't even have any more on hold at the library. We have a downright glut of books, which is just how I like it. There is a used book sale up in Rochester tomorrow, though . . .

1 comment:

kbeeps said...

Wow - I didn't even know that Redwall was a book series - love the cartoons! :-) I only just read True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle a couple of years ago, at a friend's insistence - it's the kind of book I would have read about a dozen times, if I'd known about it when I was a kid.

Great reading list you have there!