Last year, I had such big dreams for the garden. I
- dog eared pages in my catalogs (in addition to the must haves of my title, I'd love to do sweet peas, pumpkins, lettuces, gourds, potatoes, cucumbers for pickling, and don't even get me started on the flowers!),
- considered starting seeds indoors,
- wondered how I could expand the size of the plot without breaking my back,
- worried about keeping out the critters (not so many bunnies last year, but there's a wood chuck living next door)
- and even dreamed of an apple tree (forgetting that you generally need to plant two close together so that they pollinate).
I've read a lot about lasagna gardening, but I should have started it three months ago. I think it'll still work if I start it once the snow is gone, though.
I do miss having a garden, so I hope I stay motivated this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment