Saturday, November 07, 2009

Been a While

Blame Facebook.

Now that Halloween is over, my brain has room for other holiday stuff. For example, we're hosting our first ever Thanksgiving dinner this year. Which means I'm cooking my first ever turkey this year. Plus a ham for Jeff, of course. I'd like to make a tablecloth & napkins.

I'm starting to think about Christmas as well, of course. Pajamas, as always, are on the list. I think I might do a small quilt for each girl, also. This tutorial looks like a good one. Trying to figure out what else to buy/make is really difficult right now.

And I'm dismayed to realize that I've done nothing for this year's photo album. I don't even have the pages planned out, which I usually start doing in the beginning of October. I've been taking a lot fewer pictures this year, but don't know why. I'm still committed to the album, but it's not as high on the list this year.

Last major project I'm considering right now is an Advent Calendar. I've thought about it so many times in the past, and have seen many different options. I'm thinking I'd like to make 24 little stocking to string along the fireplace, with an activity or treat in each one. We'll see if that actually happens this year, in that form or another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah, fb is a time sucker.
SO you're going to replace FB with those activities right?
And fwiw, I know how appealing the idea of making a tablecloth and napkins is, but seriously, with everything else on the plate, you may want to rethink that one. Just sayin' is all.......