Work will (hopefully) also start soon--making a phone call tomorrow to schedule classes. I'm also going to start an Etsy store to try to get rid of some of my sewing projects. More on that later.
So I'm faced with impending insanity, taking the form of very little time. One of the results of very little time is that we eat like crap. We get take out far too often.
I have a plan. The plan itself is very simple: fill the freezer with things that can be pulled out and heated up quickly and easily. A solid block of a pound of frozen hamburger does not fit this plan.
Things that do fit the plan:
- taco meat
- sloppy joe meat
- seasoned cooked ground beef (for chili)
- pasties
- meatballs (good for spaghetti sauce, bbq sauce, sweet & sour, or brown gravy)
- Salisbury steaks
- pizza roll ups
- leftover ham (spiral sliced hams don't go on sale for a while, but when they do, we get a lot of leftovers out of one)
- uncooked biscuits (haven't tried this yet, but looking forward to the experiment)
- dinner rolls
- chicken fingers (every time I've made chicken fingers in the past, the kids didn't really care for them, but I'm planning to give it another go)
- cooked rice (just saw this idea, looking forward to trying it)
- mashed potatoes
1 comment:
Glad you figured out what to do with the ground beef! :-)
Please post how it goes with the uncooked biscuits - I've thought about this many times, but I'm scared to try...
Post a Comment