I got a gift certificate for a shoe store last Christmas, and since I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow (also from a Christmas gift cert, and that's a story in and of itself), I decided I needed new shoes, something to show off pretty polish.
I happily went into a store the size of a warehouse and started walking the aisles. The hundreds of options dwindled rapidly.
Criteria #1: size 10. I'm tall, and I have feet to match.
Criteria #2: no or low heels--see above.
Criteria #3: summery, preferably sandals, to show off pedicure.
Criteria #4: casual, but still nice enough to wear to work or church
Criteria #5: Nothing that goes between my toes--no flip flop/thong styles.
Out of the whole store, I ended up finding about half a dozen that I could try on.
#5 was really killing me. At least three fourths of the cute, summery, moderately casual sandals were flip flop style. I hate feeling something between my toes. It's downright painful. All the other shoes that fit the size and style requirements were dreadfully plain. I actually considered one set of flip flops, just because they had some decoration. In the end, though, I couldn't. I couldn't get something that I knew would hurt and make me crazy. The ones I ended up getting are some plain slides--I shall have to get some very vibrant polish to make up for the lack of ornamentation.
2 comments:
Kim, I'm totally with you on that nothing-between-the-toes thing. Those things have killed my feet since I was a child. And I have tiny feet, so I guess size *doesn't* matter. ;)
I resisted for YEARS for the same reason, and then I had to buy some sandal-ly things for a skirt I bought. It took band-aids aplenty (same shade as the strappy thingy thing) to get those shoes to stop hurting. I still don't wear them all that much, but they're so cute!
Post a Comment