Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Go-To Girl

Yep, I'm the Get It Done Kid. My Dad and Sharon (stepmom) are putting their house on the market in May, so are trying to get rid of a lot of their stuff, including a painting, a lamp, and hunting rifles. So I said I'd see what I could find out about pricing and the best way to sell said things. I can understand not wanting to take it to a middle man (gun shop or antiques dealer), because then you won't get as much back. Since they're going to move into a condo, they're also getting rid of their lawn mower and snow blower. Problem is, I have no freaking idea how to go about finding the worth of any of these things. But I said I'd try.

Yesterday, my brother called. He essentially asked if I could go over to Ann Arbor (about a 45 minute drive) to pay his storage unit bill. He said they won't take a money order, so he UPS-ed me an envelope with $400 in it, and I'm going to take it over there. Once we get home, I'm making a Lazy Daisy cake for my dad's birthday. It's his fave from when he was a kid.

And since the bell just rang while I was writing this, I need to get going. More later!

Notes:

  • Shish Tawook is broiled chicken with spices sauce, and a dill pickle wrapped in a fresh hot pita. The pickle sounds weird, but it's what makes it. And I don't even like dill pickles!
  • I can't wait for the Project Runway finale tomorrow night, but I'm going to be really sad that it's over again. I'm hoping Top Chef will be good.
  • I DVR my favorite X-files episodes. I never seem to watch any of our DVD's, but I'd die without the DVR.

Edited to delete rant and add link.

No comments: