Every time I go to teach at the gifted school, I think about sending Sarah there. I love homeschooling her, but I still think about what it would be like if she could go there. They really address a lot of the reasons I homeschool (small classes, child led learning, etc). Never mind that I have no idea how we would pay the $9K/year, or even if she's eligible. It's something I think about, in a kind of daydreamy way.
If we were parents of a child in this school, we'd be doing some volunteer work to help out. For instance, I'd redo their website immediately (it's embarassing, frankly). Right now, I'd like to redo the site, but I'm not going to devote a lot of time for something I'm not going to get paid for. I'd like to do it, but I don't have the time right now.
Here's where the "fantasy" comes in:
If I were teaching there and Sarah were a student, I could drag Jeff in to work on the computers (he just replaced the power supply on our PC tonight) as his volunteer stuff. As it is, about 40% of the computers aren't working at any one time (they're older models, donated, and could use some new parts). It would be so nice if I had my own personal IT guy at school/work!
No comments:
Post a Comment